Submitted by Sestini & Co
| on Wed, 05/30/2018 - 10:49 | In job vacancies
We’re recruiting! Find out how to join our friendly and professional team
Fast growing tax and business consultancy, Sestini & Co, are recruiting for a Tax Associate to support their existing tax manager providing UK tax compliance and advisory services to individuals based in the UK and overseas.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of accuracy and attention to detail while preparing tax returns in an existing practice role with ATT/AAT or equivalent (ATT students will be considered.) This would suit a professional within an existing tax role looking for the first steps towards tax manager or someone in an accountancy practice wanting to specialise in personal tax. In return, the role will provide training and development in management of the UK tax return process as well as the unique opportunity to assist and learn the basics of preparing US tax returns alongside the managing director. Study support for CTA will be considered for the right candidate.
Founded in 2013, Sestini & Co rapidly built a reputation for offering clear guidance for complex tax situations. Our staff have an exceptional breadth and depth of experience and we’re looking for someone dynamic and knowledgeable to join our friendly team.
- Preparation of Self-Assessment Tax Returns using Excel and TaxCalc
- Electronic filing of Self-Assessment Tax Returns
- Liaise directly with clients to request information and provide explanations regarding the UK tax position by email, phone and post.
- Liaising with HMRC regarding clients’ tax affairs
- Assist with US tax return preparation to include requesting and collating information, preparation of working papers and entering information into the software.
- Assisting the corporate team with payroll and accounts preparation when needed.
The successful candidate will have:
- ATT/AAT or qualified by experience
- At least 1 years’ experience preparing tax returns in practice
- Experience determining tax residency status would be advantageous but training will be provided.
- Confidence to communicate effectively with clients and HMRC
- Experience with using Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience with TaxCalc & Xero would be advantageous
- Strong written English and numeracy skills.
- Knowledge of payroll and accounts preparation would be advantageous.
The role would ideally be full time however part time working would be considered (with a minimum of 21 hours per week).
Remuneration: Salary negotiable, dependent upon experience. .
For further information or to apply by sending your CV and a covering letter please contact Sophie Dyer at email@example.com.