US Tax Senior Associate or Assistant Manager
US Tax Senior Associate or Assistant Manager wanted for dynamic and growing international tax consultancy firm with offices in Paulton, Somerset and London.
Sestini & Co is a comprehensive tax advice and compliance service with particular expertise in cross-border and international tax planning and compliance. This includes a rapidly growing US tax return compliance and consultancy service. Our offering covers US and UK taxation for expatriates and US and UK connected people on either side of “The Pond”, dealing with the everything from tax compliance under the terms of the US/UK Treaty to complex consulting and advice issues.
The incoming individual will ideally be familiar with preparing US returns for expats, but we would be happy to provide training to someone who has primarily prepared US returns for US based clients.
Founded in 2013, Sestini & Co have rapidly built a reputation as an alternative to Big 4 firms for offering clear guidance in complex situations. Our staff have an exceptional breadth and depth of experience, and we are looking for someone dynamic and conscientious to join our friendly team.
Key duties :
- Preparation and review of individual US tax returns for large and varied portfolio of clients
- Direct contact with clients, including information requests, maintaining client relationships, and answering simple queries
- Helping to train and mentor junior members of the team
- US tax research and advice as needed
- Tracking of tax return status on internal systems for reporting purposes
- Completion of various US compliance forms including FBARs, W-8BENS, SS-4s, etc
- Technical knowledge of US Tax Return procedures
- Generalist experience across UK/UK or specific US focus
- Enrolled Agent, US CPA, JD (Or near to certification)
- If one of the above, familiarity with calling the IRS regarding client matters
- 2-4 years of experience with US taxes
Desirable, but not required
- Familiarity with US Foreign Informational filings such as Forms 8858, 5471, and 8865
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles and financial statements
What we’ll offer you
- Salary ranging from £40,000 to £45,000 based on experience
- Hybrid or office working, depending on your preference
- Offices in Paulton (Bristol) or London
- Excellent work-life balance – we encourage people to leave on time. Not a Big 4 mentality at all!
Click to read the full job description in a PDF.
Please send your CV and a covering letter via email to: jobs AT sestiniandco.co.uk
No agencies, thank you.